The Lower North Shore is a peninsula of land just north of the Sydney Harbour Bridge that’s as envied for its proximity to the CBD as it is for its lifestyle opportunities. Sydney Harbour, the Lane Cove River and Middle Harbour border the area, with parks and waterside reserves dotted throughout. As most Sydneysiders know, The Esplanade along Balmoral Beach is the place for an early-morning stroll, lunch at the heritage-listed Bather’s Pavilion (the ocean views are drop-dead gorgeous), or a swim. Professionals and families aspire to call the suburbs of the Lower North Shore home, whether a gorgeous Federation house overlooking harbour parklands and city beyond, an Art Deco apartment a short walk from the ferry terminal, or a contemporary home on a leafy street close to some of the best private and public schools in Sydney.
On weekends, locals can be seen browsing the boutiques of Mosman, meeting at one of the many cafes for a leisurely breakfast, or getting out and about by yacht, kayak or on foot. Healthy living is easy in natural surrounds this stunning.
- Spending the day at Taronga Zoo
- Having breakfast at Balmoral’s The Boathouse
- Taking a dip at Northbridge Baths
- Brunch at Ripples on Chowder Bay
- Views of the Harbour Bridge over dinner at Aqua
- A picnic at Cremorne Point on New Year’s Eve
- Gathering with family and friends at Clifton Gardens
- Walking the track from The Spit to Manly